[open-development] Location for an open development fringe event after OKFestival

Ben Taylor btaylor at twaweza.org
Mon Mar 17 14:00:39 UTC 2014

Looks great to me.

I'm not sure we would fill all 190 places, though. At OKCon, the
post-conference open development day had only around 20-30 people, though I
expect we will get more this time. Maybe we could just go for the biggest
of the rooms, plus one other as a break-out space?

On the cost, are we looking for someone to volunteer to cover this? Or do
the conference organisers have any funds for such purposes?

Best wishes,
Ben

On 17 March 2014 13:26, Tim Davies <tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> From what I hear it's a really good venue.
>
> Through the ODDC project I'm also seeing if we can reserve a larger space
> there on the afternoon of Tuesday 15th, so that if there was interest in an
> more formal 'open data and development' open workshop, we would have a
> space for that.
>
> All the best
>
> Tim
>

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 7:04 AM, Claudia Schwegmann <
> claudia.schwegmann at openaid.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> As mentioned on our call last week, Wikimedia is offering five rooms with
>> an overall capacity of 190 people in a central location for 300 Euros on
>> the 18th of July. They are blocking the rooms for us for the time being.
>> You can see the rooms in this flyer:
>>

>> file:///C:/Users/Claudia/Downloads/Wikimedia%20Deutschland%20-%20Brosch%C3%BCre%20-%20Offene%20R%C3%A4ume%20KLEIN%20(2).pdf
>>
>> I have not seen the rooms, but I heard they are really nice.
>>
>> How do people feel about this opportunity? Do we have sufficient people
>> interested in an extra day? Should we ask for less space?  Does the
>> location seem good? Is it too early to confirm the booking?
>>
>> Best
>> Claudia
>>

>> Claudia Schwegmann
>> *Open Knowledge Foundation Germany* <http://okfn.de>
>>
>> Tel/Fax +49 (0) 5130 609691
>> Mobil +49 (0)177 3160 380 *NEW*
>>
>> Twitter @OpenAidGermany
>> Skype Claudia.Schwegmann
>>
>> *Die Open Knowledge Foundation setzt sich für offenes Wissen ein! Sie
>> auch? <http://okfn.de/organisation/spenden/>*

> w: http://www.timdavies.org.uk | m: 07834 856 303 | twitter: timdavies
>
> Co-director of Practical Participation:
> http://www.practicalparticipation.co.uk