[open-development] Making it Matter Workshop: Supporting education in the developing world through open and linked data - slides, videos, images etc.

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Tue May 20 16:19:13 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Last week the the LinkedUp Project <http://linkedup-project.eu> and the
Commonwealth of Learning <http://www.col.org/Pages/default.aspx> held
the Making it Matter workshop
<http://linkedup-project.eu/making-it-matter-workshop/> in London. The
aim was to bring together software developers, educators and individuals
from the development community to see how they can work together by
using open and linked data to support education in the developing world.

We hope the event was a success - though the true measure of that will
be if we build on the connections we've made and ideas we've collected!
The best way to keep involved with the conversation will be through
joining the Open Education Working Group mailing list
<http://education.okfn.org/mailing-list/>.

  * All slides and videos of presentations are now available online
    <http://linkedup-project.eu/2014/05/20/making-it-matter-slides-videos/>
    - we streamed the whole day so there are even videos of breakout
    group discussions
  * There are a selection of photos on Flickr
    <https://www.flickr.com/photos/okfn/sets/72157644706442131/>
  * There is a storify of tweets
    <https://storify.com/mariekeguy/making-it-matter> from the day

Over the next few days we will add information from the breakout
sessions to the event etherpad
<http://new.okfnpad.org/p/Making_it_Matter_workshop_16_May_2014>and try
and summarise some conclusions and actions in a blog post.

Regards

Marieke
--

Marieke Guy