[open-development] Making it Matter Workshop: Supporting education in the developing world through open and linked data - slides, videos, images etc.

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Wed May 21 11:39:48 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I have also now added a blog post on the breakout group sessions
<http://linkedup-project.eu/2014/05/21/what-we-learnt-at-making-it-matter/>
in which we tackled the following questions:

  * What real world problems are there related to education in the
    developing world that could potentially be solved by data and
    technology solutions?
  * What data is out there and what data could be released to aid
    education in the developing world?
  * Next Steps -- what are we going to do?

I think the answers are potentially very useful but there is probably
more that could be added. If you have any thoughts then please
contribute to the etherpad
<http://new.okfnpad.org/p/Making_it_Matter_workshop_16_May_2014>. Note
that you can actually see some of the discussions in action as the
breakouts were videoed
<http://linkedup-project.eu/2014/05/20/making-it-matter-slides-videos/>.

Thanks

Marieke