[open-development] Civil Society and contracting data, OCDS Community Web Meeting, Friday May 30 at 8am EST

Michael Roberts michaelr at webfoundation.org
Thu May 29 05:17:13 UTC 2014

Hello All,

We are pleased to announce that we will be holding our next in our series of Web Meetings to explore the nature of demand for Open Contracting Data this Friday, May 30, 2014 at 8am EST.  In this Web Meeting, our topic will be exploring civil society contract monitoring as a use case for open contracting data.

The Topic: Civil society has an active role to play in holding governments accountable for public spending and effective service delivery. In many countries around the world, civil society organizations are actively monitoring public contracting and contractor performance - helping governments to avoid corruption, over spending, and to improve the quality of goods, works, and services ultimately delivered to communities. In order to do this work effectively, civil society needs access to contracting information, space to operate, and a mechanism by which to deliver feedback to decision makers and achieve results. In this meeting we will explore how civil society organizations in Nigeria,  Russia, and Mexico are currently using data on contracts, and how they could use data in future - identifying key use cases for an open contracting data standard.

Presenters:
We are privileged that the following practitioners will be joining us to share from their experiences (and challenges) using contracting information for monitoring purposes in Nigeria, Russia, and Mexico.

1. Seember Nyager, Public and Private Development Centre (PPDC), Nigeria.
2. Ivan Begtin, Informational Culture, Russia.
3. Eduardo Bohorquez, TI Mexico

We will then have an open discussion to explore civil society use cases for open contracting data.

Registration:

If you are interested to join this web meeting, please register here and note the instructions for joining the meeting below: http://open-contracting.github.io/pages/usecases/events.html

Thank you and we look forward to an engaging discussion.

=======================================

Joining Instructions

1. Please join my meeting.

https://global.gotomeeting.com/meeting/join/848306005

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.

Canada: +1 (647) 497-9371

United Kingdom: +44 (0) 330 221 0096

United States: +1 (213) 493-0619

Access Code: 848-306-005