[open-development] Join us! Why Transparency Matters - October 6 from 12-1pm EDT

Montgomery, Julie jmontgom at INTERACTION.ORG
Thu Oct 2 20:18:50 UTC 2014

Join us for a Google Hangout discussion on "Why Transparency Matters." This discussion is following a six part blog series in which InterAction brought together six diverse voices to tackle the following questions: Why Does Transparency Matter<http://www.interaction.org/blog/why-transparency-matters>?,  What Does It Mean To Be Transparent?<http://www.interaction.org/blog/why-transparency-matters-part-2-what-does-it-mean-be-transparent>, How Does One Be Transparent?<http://www.interaction.org/blog/why-transparency-matters-part-3-how-does-one-be-transparent>, Does It Really Make A Difference?<http://www.interaction.org/blog/why-transparency-matters-part-4-does-it-really-make-difference> and Where Do We Go Next?<http://www.interaction.org/blog/why-transparency-matters-part-5-where-do-we-go-next>. Our contributors will be joining the conversation to talk about the current trends in transparency, the challenges organizations face on road to transparency and what data is needed in the field for better decision making. We hope to make this an interactive discussion and encourage you to join and ask questions. We will be joined by:

o   Julie Montgomery, Director of Innovation and Learning, InterAction<http://www.interaction.org/> (moderator)

o   Samantha Custer, Director of Policy and Communications, AidData<http://aiddata.org/>.

o   Joni Hillman, Aid Transparency Programme Manager, Development Initiatives<http://devinit.org/> and the IATI Secretariat.

o   Janet Camarena, Director, San Francisco Office/Project Lead, Glasspockets, The Foundation Center<http://foundationcenter.org/>.

o   Elizabeth Dodds, Consultant, Open Aid Partnership<http://www.openaidmap.org/>.

o   David Saldivar, Policy & Advocacy Advisor for Aid Effectiveness, Oxfam America<http://www.oxfamamerica.org/>.

o   Nicole Valentinuzzi, Communications Manager, Publish What You Fund<http://www.publishwhatyoufund.org/>.

Warm regards,
Julie

[cid:image001.png at 01CFDD8C.DFA95450]

InterAction,  AidData, Development Initiatives, Foundation Center, Open Aid Partnership, Oxfam America, and Publish What You Fund
are pleased to invite you to

Why Transparency Matters
A Discussion on the Value of Transparency

This online discussion is following a six part blog series<http://www.interaction.org/blog/why-transparency-matters> addressing questions such as:  What does it mean to be transparent? How do organizations become transparent? Does transparency really make a difference in international development and humanitarian relief? Read the series and join the authors for an online discussion on how you can encourage transparency in your own organization.

Monday October 6, 2014
12:00 - 1:00 pm EDT

Join via Google Hangout<https://plus.google.com/events/ch90b5egp19hp69takp1gj6te64>
Tweet your questions prior using #TransparencyMatters<https://twitter.com/hashtag/TransparencyMatters?src=hash>