[open-development] [OpenDev Funding Opportunity]: New AidData EOI Seeks the Best New Research Using Geospatial Data

Samantha Custer scuster at aiddata.org
Thu Sep 11 17:32:29 UTC 2014

OpenDev Friends:

Today, AidData is announcing a new funding opportunity that might be of interest to those involved in research on open development. I’ll share a snippet of the announcement below and a link to the detailed announcement and required documentation below. If you have a great idea you’d like to turn into a proposal for consideration, we’d love to hear from you. Please also consider helping us spread the word via your networks.

“AidData is pleased to announce that we're requesting expressions of interest to undertake new research that (a) uses rigorous empirical methods to analyze sub-nationally geocoded development finance data, and (b) has significant potential to inform development policy and decision-making.  Over the next three years, AidData will provide up to $2 million (including direct and indirect costs) to support research of this kind. Most awards are expected to fall in the $50,000-$200,000 range, with special consideration given to exceptional projects. Successful expressions of interest will fit within one of four categories: (1) Aid Targeting and Allocation; (2) Aid Effectiveness and Impact; (3) Transparency for Development; (4) Developing and Testing Spatial Methods. All EOIs should be submitted to ARC at aiddata.org by October 15, 2014. This research is made possible by funding from USAID's Global Development Lab and the Higher Education Solutions Network."

Full Announcement and Application Documents: http://aiddata.org/blog/aiddata-seeks-the-next-generation-of-development-research-using-geocoded-data

Best regards,

Sam

Samantha CusterDirector of Policy and Communications
scuster at aiddata.org    +1 202-705-6970
A partnership of College of William and Mary /​ Development Gateway /​ Brigham Young University
AidData - Open Data for International Development