[open-development] Open Development Camp 2014 - Amsterdam, 9 & 10 October

Pelle Aardema pelle at openforchange.info
Mon Sep 15 10:10:25 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I'd like to invite you for the *Open Development Camp* we (Open for Change)
are organising in* Amsterdam, on 9 & 10 October*.

On these days we'll bring together an international crowd to jointly
explore:

-   how (and even if) open works to empower local communities;
-   how to overcome challenges and stay away from the dark sides of open;
-   how open should be anchored in rights, rules and responsibilities;
-   how we shape open technology, and how open technology shapes us;

------------------------
*Join us and get your ticket for ODC14 at* http://opendevelopmentcamp.org
There you'll also find more info about the speakers and sessions.
------------------------

Together we aim to bring *Open Development *to the next level. We will
organise interactive sessions that deal with challenges of open in local
communities, from the ones around the corner in Amsterdam to the ones in
Congo and Brazil. What’s next in *Open* and how should we apply *Open*
data, legislation and open organisations? What are the new business models?
And how do we apply *Open *in a safe, honest and inclusive way?

*What to expect? *

·       Interaction. Hands-on workshops, discussions, hacking,
brainstorming, demonstrations and presentations. And enough time and space
to connect and interact.

·       People from all over the world, from all sorts of sectors.
Developers, designers, researchers, entrepreneurs, aid workers, activists
and policy makers.

·       Discussion and debate. About the pros and cons of *Open Development*
that will push you out of your comfort zone.

We hope you'll be able to join us in Amsterdam, and please so share this
invitation in your networks!

Best,

Pelle

--