[open-development] UNDESA/DPADM: National Consultants for OGD initiatives Project in Latin America and Asia

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Sun Jan 11 17:25:00 UTC 2015

** sorry for cross-posting **

Dear all,

I am working on a project called "Strengthening of capacities to Developing Countries to provide Access to Information for Sustainable Development through Open Government Data".

The objective of the project is to demonstrate the potential and benefits of using Open Government Data (OGD) in advancing transparency, accountability and sustainable development in selected countries of Latin America and East Asia regions, currently identified to be Bangladesh, Nepal, Panama, and Uruguay.

The project is coordinated by the Division for Public Administration and Development (DPADM) United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA) in partnership with governments and other organizations. More information about the project: bit.ly/DPADM-OGDProject

UNDESA/DPADM is currently looking to hire National Consultants for OGD initiatives Project in Latin America and Asia

Description: "DPADM is seeking national consultants for the project on Strengthening of Capacities of Developing Countries to Provide Access to Information for Sustainable Development through Open Government Data (OGD). The project objective is to demonstrate the potential and benefits of using OGD in advancing transparency, accountability and sustainable development in selected countries of Latin America and East Asia regions." More at:

http://www.unpan.org/DPADM/Home/EmploymentOpportunities/tabid/721/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Please apply and/or share with potential candidates!

Additionally I looking for people working on Open Government and Open Data related issues in those countries. I am specially interested to reach out to change-agents within government and open data pioneers in civil society. I am also interested getting in touch with country/domain experts on related issues such as freedom of information, transparency, accountability and citizen engagement.

If you know people and/or orgs in Bangladesh, Nepal or Panama please share by contacting me off-list.

Kind regards
Daniel

--
Daniel Dietrich