[open-development] Fwd: Help Shape the Agenda for the 3rd International Open Data Conference 2015!

Michael Roberts michael.roberts at webfoundation.org
Wed Jan 21 05:54:14 UTC 2015

 Hi all,

Please see the following call for proposals.  Apologies for any cross-posting.

Cheers,
Michael

3rd International Open Data Conference 2015
Help us Shape the Agenda!

The 3rd International Open Data Conference (IODC), to be held in Ottawa from May 28-29, 2015, will bring together experts and advocates from around the world to take stock of the rapid evolution of the global open data community and help chart its future.

And we want you to help shape the agenda.

The global open data movement has matured since the 2nd International Open Government Data Conference held in Washington in 2012. It’s time to strengthen coordination among open data initiatives across various levels of government, topics, regions, and sectors. It’s time to broaden dialogue to include the voices of experts in sectors that want to use open data and scale-up innovative approaches proven to work. The goal: ensure that all world citizens benefit.

To support the conference agenda we are having a global Open Call for program content. This Open Call will run to February 20th, 2015, and we hope you can take part!

You will find details on the Open Call in the document attached. Further information can be found at our website: opendatacon.org <http://opendatacon.org/>. Here you can submit your ideas and pre-register for the conference.

We look forward to seeing you!

---
Michael Roberts
Open Data Technical Manager