[open-development] Event on open data in closed societies in London 21 Sept
Sander van der Waal
sander.vanderwaal at okfn.org
Thu Sep 14 08:58:05 UTC 2017
I thought people on this list may be interested in the following event:
The Open & Shut conference brings together global experts and practitioners
with first-hand experience working on open data projects in closed
We aim to tackle questions such as:
- How do you open up data in places without transparent governments and
freedom of information laws?
- What are the ethical issues faced in working with data in closed
- In what ways can open data practitioners work collaboratively across
- How can the technologies used by the open data community be adapted
and localised effectively?
- How do you measure the impact created by open data in closed societies?
Small Media, who set up the Iran Open Data portal, is organising this one
day event with support from Open Knowledge International.
We hope many of you can join us at Friends House in London on Thu 21
September. Please see the website for more information and registration:
All the best,
*Sander van der Waal Head of Network and Partnerships | @sandervdwaal
<https://twitter.com/sandervdwaal>Open Knowledge International
<http://okfn.org/>Empowering through Open Knowledgehttp://okfn.org/
<http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKFN on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> | Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/> *
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the open-development