[open-economics] Hackday Blogpost

Guo Xu digitalepourpre at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 18:04:44 UTC 2011

Dear list,

First, I wanted to thank all of you for the great session yesterday!
It was great to see how minds and people can work together to create
something cool and useful within a few hours.... Thanks especially to
Dave, who managed to get up early and join our Eurocentrist
schedule.... :)

As you might have seen, we have received quite some positive feedback
- I have also received several positive replies personally as people
wanted to avoid flooding the list. I believe we should take this as an
encouragement to move further -

Few things are still pending for now:

1) Would someone like to write a short blogpost about the index for
http://blog.okfn.org? Just a few words about our group, the index, the
results and some interpretation? The website is well visited, so this
should boost the index further.

2) For the *actual* release, we should get a nice visualization out -
currently, we are simply using Google but it would be great to have
some other type of visualization (maybe with little flags etc). It
would be great if we could get volunteers who can try and play around
with the dataset we constructed.

It would be great if we could get the blog post out asap (maybe till
end of week).

Also, Dirk will be sneding around a mail about the next meeting, so
keep an eye out :)

Again, thanks a lot and see you soon!

Guo