[open-economics] OpenHDI code sprint tomorrow

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jan 7 03:08:18 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd confirm times with you guys re code-sprint tomorrow.
I'm planning to start around 11am and run through until 7pm or so (UK
time). Obviously please feel to start/end whenever you want.

I've started planning some tasks on the etherpad: http://okfnpad.org/openhdi

I think there are 3 things to do:

1. Obtain datasets and develop questions.

   * This is probably the most important thing since without it we
can't do anything else and does not require any coding!

2. Clean and Store that data
  * We want rows that look like: country, year, value
  * And for datasets we have: title, area, value-type (%, continuous,
...), image (for ui) etc

3. Develop the UI and store user data

I plan to do the bulk of my work on 3 but happy to work on anything.

Rufus