[open-economics] Yourtopia: Question set

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 31 19:36:15 UTC 2011

On 31 January 2011 09:56, Dirk Heine <dirk at common-future.org> wrote:
> Can we take a quick decision whether we want the new questions, the
> current ones or something different? For those who did not like the
> csv-file yesterday 10:54CET, here inline:

The key thing here is to make the question much more direct and
snappier. Because that can come at the cost of precision and
descriptiveness I think it is probably essential to have additional
infoboxes (as in original eutopia). Obviously space is more limited on
the right but we could just put this below the question as in:

{Question}
{Slider}
[Explanation Box]

Or:

{Question}      [Explanation Box]
{Slider}          [Explanation Box]

> PROPOSAL FOR CATEGORY 'ECONOMY'
> Old Label (used as quiz questions and in constructing pie chart on
> results page): "Household final consumption expenditure PPP (constant
> 2005 international $)" --> "Total private consumption per household (the
> value of all goods and services purchased by the average household)".
> This is a lable just for the quiz-questions. For the pie-chart we would
> have a shorter label (currently same) in order to not any more make the
> text crash (at least on my screen): before "Household final [cut-off]
> consumption" --> "Consumption".

Rather than commenting here. I've posted the questions online here and
people can edit and suggest. Please dive in.

<https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=t_ruglMoKJd604iQDeW6BJg&hl=en#gid=0>

Rufus