[open-economics] Open Data Index Hack Day

Dirk Heine dirk.heine at okfn.org
Fri Jul 22 06:23:14 UTC 2011

Dear list,

In the OpenEconomics phone conference yesterday we decided to go forward
with building a cross-country Open Data Index (see previous discussion at
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/open-economics/2011-July/000108.html<http://www.doodle.com/r?url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.okfn.org%2Fpipermail%2Fopen-economics%2F2011-July%2F000108.html>).
We now need everyone to sign up to participate for a 1 day collaborative
index construction. On this day we will all try to already finish a
preliminary version to test the concept.

What day would be best for you? Please participate in this doodle to
determine it: http://www.doodle.com/6v8yfcqgnu8xavrx

Collaboration will be online with everyone contributing from wherever you
are based. We need people with different skill sets: data researchers,
programmers, economists, people generally knowledgeable about sources of
open data and people with aesthetics skills. So please do participate!

A note on the timing: There will be people from various time zones
participating, so please try to accomodate the time window as good as
possible: It is just hard to match people across time zones so we all need
to be a bit flexible to make a collaborative production of the OKF Open Data
Index possible.

With best wishes,

Dirk