[open-economics] OpenHDI is off

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Mar 16 14:14:02 UTC 2011

On 16 March 2011 13:25, Dirk Heine <dirk at common-future.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Two things regarding Yourtopia:
>
> 1. the OpenHDI.org page does not work well, it does not show the same as
> Yourtopia.net (including no "start quiz"-button). That is a big problem
> for me, because I quoted the first URL in a job application that is
> currently being reviewed. I would appreciate if OpenHDI.org could work
> as yourtopia.net does.

I'm not sure I follow. http://www.openhdi.org/ works fine for me (I've
even just made it redirect to yourtopia.net -- though working before).
http://openhdi.org/ did not work because of no dns but i've just fixed
that (may take some time to propagate).

> 2. I have drafted a suggestion how Yourtopia could be developed further
> for the current EU debate on social progress indices. Maybe we could
> discuss this and provide an OKF-input to that political debate even if
> we do not have the resources to programme it. You find my proposal at
> http://wiki.okfn.org/ProgressVote

Great. Let's review. I'd also like to make the finishing touches to
yourtopia.net.

@Dirk, @Guo: do either of you guys or coder colleagues have time to
apply the final fixes we've been discussing. I unfortunately don't at
the moment but could help others who were seeking to do so. Perhaps we
should arrange another openeconomics catchup (perhaps we can integrate
this with the OpenSpending meetups:
http://wiki.openspending.org/Meetups which takes place bi-weekly with
next one a week tomorrow)

> I would be extremely grateful if somebody could solve the first issue
> soon as the stakes for me in this being solved are not insignificant and
> it is somewhat urgent. Sorry that I did not check if the URL works
> before quoting it.

See above.

Rufus