[open-economics] Updating Web Design of Yourtopia

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Oct 31 19:36:00 UTC 2011

On 31 October 2011 13:40,  <roger202 at msu.edu> wrote:
>>  - We could improve the design for which we need somebody with more
>>  experience in programming - Python and PHP
>
> I would be interested in getting into more web development, however, I am
> busy with University at the moment. I have a background in Python, but have

No problem. Later on in the vacation would be great!

> not done web development with it. Also, I've been tinkering with some PHP
> code but don't know enough to develop anything useful in it yet. When I have
> some time over winter vacation I would love to check out the code.

That would be brilliant. I've just moved the code from bitbucket to github:

<https://github.com/okfn/openhdi>

We now need a volunteer to help copy over issues (closed as well as
open if you are feeling dedicated) from bitbucket to github:

<https://bitbucket.org/okfn/openhdi/issues>
->
<https://github.com/okfn/openhdi/issues>

> I recently found a website that allows a user to test a website server-side.
> You can see it here: https://kodingen.com/ (It's still in beta but rapidly
> growing!). I think it would be helpful if we created an account and uploaded
> yourtopia to it so we could tinker with the design easily without making any
> changes directly to the page. This also would allow people who are new to
> python and/or PHP to check it out easily and learn a thing or two. Having
> used Koding for a few weeks now, it is a pretty easy site to get started on,
> and I would be more than happy to set it up if this is something we are
> interested in doing.

Go for it :-) -- would be interesting to try this out. Would also like
to do some refactoring on openhdi / yourtopia when we have the chance.

Rufus