[open-economics] Open Economics Book Club

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Mon Feb 6 18:45:26 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

There has been a lot of interest in an Open Economics Book Club, which
would be a monthly social activity in which we would discuss togethers
books and articles we have read in the field of Open Economics.

Probably the first book we will start with is Benkler's Wealth of
Nations: http://www.benkler.org/Benkler_Wealth_Of_Networks.pdf and
articles on the public domain. You are very welcome to make
suggestions about books would like to read and we will make a poll
with the ones we will start with. Some public economics classics are
also welcome.

The OpenEcon BookClub will be based in London, yet if there is
interest from other locations, we could organise online talks as well.
Exact location and day/time will be confirmed.

Let us know if you are interested in the idea and which books/articles
you would consider reading,

--
Velichka Dimitrova
Open Economics Working Group Coordinator