[open-economics] Open Economics Book Club

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Sat Feb 18 15:48:40 UTC 2012

Hey everybody,

it's awesome that you are really interested in reading and
then discussing together.

It is also a good suggestion to start with the short piece. For the first
session, I suggest we start with:
"Coase’s Penguin, or, Linux and The Nature of the Firm":
http://www.yale.edu/yalelj/112/BenklerWEB.pdf
and
"The Nature of the firm": http://www.sonoma.edu/users/e/eyler/426/coase1.pdf

It is great to read both pieces, so we have both the economics and the law
perspective.

I have created a poll to determine the date for the first meetup of the
OpenEcon Book Club:
http://www.doodle.com/qs483nfwcb6qwywh#table

The location will be confirmed - probably a nice café, suitable for a
Sunday tea and cake.

If you are interested in joining and don't live in London - don't worry, I
would connect you one the day via skype.

Cheers,

Velichka