[open-economics] Please help assemble data for hackday

Dirk Heine dirk.heine at okfn.org
Mon Jan 9 03:04:21 UTC 2012

Dear Open Economics participants,

In preparation of the upcoming hackday<http://www.doodle.com/8zkt7eec75hdarmk>,
we are currently searching for the data on which we will base our measurement
of progress in Italy <http://wiki.okfn.org/ProgressVote>. Could you kindly
help finding data series? If so, please contribute to filling this
spreadsheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am9hsZClSlJ2dGlBaFJYT3RBVnVBcVVZRWkyc1J0aVE>.

You will find there data that Italy, jointly with its European partners,
has identified as key to social progress (the EU2020
targets<http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/portal/page/portal/europe_2020_indicators/headline_indicators>).
Most of this data is available at Eurostat but only in annual frequency and
with great statistical delays. We hence need to look for sources directly
in Italy, where we hope to locate it in higher frequency and with shorter
delays. Could you search with us on Italian/international sources and add
them to the spreadsheet?

In case we cannot locate some of these official progess indicators, we are
also looking for alternative, high-frequency data series that are generally
accepted as key to social progress. If you have data/suggestions for such
alternatives, please add them to the spreadsheet as well.

Please let us all check this out, so that we can soon start drawing up data
series for our app.

Best wishes,

Dirk