[open-economics] Living Labs Global Award

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Fri Jan 13 11:02:44 UTC 2012

Dear group,

We were contacted in relation to the Living Labs Global Award, which
is policy competition for delivering solutions for cities -
http://www.llga.org/.
If you visit that website, you can see a map of several cities across
the world, who have provided a short description of the issue that
they would like to have a policy solution for.

Yourtopia - yourtopia.net - was seen as one potential application,
which could be considered for submission. It should be however
re-written to address one/some of the city issues of the Living Labs.

One possibility e.g. is to work with health data for the City of
Eindhoven in the Netherlands, proposing a way to evaluate obesity and
other health data. I am looking into how disaggregated data we can get
for health indicators on city level.

Please, look at the website and let us know, if you consider some of
the issues interesting and think that we can tailor yourtopia as a
policy solution for that city.

The submission deadline is the February 17 and the award is the city's
support in the actual implementation/expansion of the project as a
policy solution.
Would some of you be interested in working on this project?

Best,

Velichka