[open-economics] Call for Participation: First Open Economics International Workshop

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Mon Sep 17 12:26:27 UTC 2012

*Dear all,*
*
We just published a Call for Participation blog post about the first Open
Economics International workshop:
http://openeconomics.net/2012/09/17/open_economics_workshop/
*
*
*We would like to invite PhD students and academics with relevant
experience and research focus to apply to participate in the first Open
Economics International Workshop, which would take place on December 17-18,
2012 in Cambridge, UK.

The aim of the workshop is to build an understanding of the value of open
data and open tools for the Economics profession and the obstacles to
opening up information, as well as the role of greater openness in
broadening understanding of and engagement with Economics among the wider
community including policy-makers and society.

The workshop is a designed to be a small invite-only event with a
round-table format allowing participants to share and develop ideas
together and there are only a limited number of spaces.  For more
information please see the
website<http://openeconomics.net/workshop-dec-2012/>and the attached
one pager.

Note that, thanks to the support of the Sloan Foundation, we will provide
accommodation in Cambridge for duration of the workshop and provide all
meals. We may also, in some cases, be able to provide limited travel
support.

To apply for participation, please send us a small abstract on why this
event is relevant to your research and a CV at economics at okfn.org. You can
also use the online
form<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDlBU0tGNWppZndTRnBlcFpQYkNBVlE6MQ>
.

We look forward to hearing from you,*
*
*
*Velichka Dimitrova*
Coordinator of the Open Economics Working Group
Open Knowledge Foundation