[open-economics] Call for Participation: First Open Economics International Workshop

John Levin john at anterotesis.com
Tue Sep 18 17:08:22 UTC 2012

On 17/09/2012 13:26, Velichka Dimitrova wrote:
> *Dear all,*
> *
> *
> We just published a Call for Participation blog post about the first
> Open Economics International workshop:
> http://openeconomics.net/2012/09/17/open_economics_workshop/
> *
> *
> *We would like to invite PhD students and academics with relevant
> experience and research focus to apply to participate in the first Open
> Economics International Workshop, which would take place on December
> 17-18, 2012 in Cambridge, UK.
>
> The aim of the workshop is to build an understanding of the value of
> open data and open tools for the Economics profession and the obstacles
> to opening up information, as well as the role of greater openness in
> broadening understanding of and engagement with Economics among the
> wider community including policy-makers and society.

Could I ask if economic history would be relevant to this? Although I'm
about to start a Phd relating to debt in the c18th, my interest here is
more in getting historical series of data (such as prices etc) made
available under free licenses, making it easily findable, browsable and
hackable.

I'm also interested in making the works of economic theorists freely
available, in quality editions, a la open philosophy.

John

--
John Levin
http://www.anterotesis.com