[open-economics] global remittances visualization

Alexander Praetorius citizen at serapath.de
Thu Jan 10 10:26:29 UTC 2013

Ahh :-) Nice.
Another thought - Suppose you split each participants bar in two halfs by
using different colors, one for incoming, one for outgoing.
So when i click on - for example say france - which is in the upper left
area of the circle, the bar which represents france will be split - so to
say - in a left side and right side, where the right side may be red
(meaining outgoing) and the left side may be green (meaning incoming).

You dont need colored connection lines for indicating the continent,
because the countries on the circle are already sorted by continent, so all
you have to do is to indicate the beginning and ending of continent circle
segments.

Another very very interesting thing would be to show an exact number
onmouseover for all the outgoing and incoming flows and may be a sum for
incoming and outgoing and to and from each continent.

In order to make it "perfect" ;-) ...a click on a single line or country
will hyperlink to the source of the data.