[open-economics] The Statistical Memory of Brazil

Jia Lyng jialyng at ysicommons.org
Mon Jan 14 17:51:01 UTC 2013

Thanks for the link, that's a great initiative. Looking forward to learning
more about the crowdsourcing/collaboration platforms. Is anybody from
University of Sao Paulo or Unicamp involved? If not, I can contact some
people there to see if they are interested in joining the effort.

Eustáquio, parabéns pelo trabalho!

cheers
jia

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Velichka Dimitrova <
velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> You can read a blog post about the Statistical Memory of Brazil project at
> the Open Economics Blog:
> http://openeconomics.net/2013/01/14/the-statistical-memory-of-brazil/
>
> This piece is a contribution by Eustáquio Reis, Senior Research Economist
> at the Institute of Applied Economic Research (Ipea) in Brazil and member
> of the Advisory Panel of the Open Economics Working Group.
>
> This project's goal is to digitalise and make available the collection of
> the Library of the Ministry of Finance in Brazil, putting in digital form
> some rare collections of statistical reports and yearbooks. The future
> plans of the project include open source collaborative / crowd-sourcing
> platforms which would make this data available in open formats. See more<http://openeconomics.net/2013/01/14/the-statistical-memory-of-brazil/>
> .
>
> --
> Velichka Dimitrova