[open-economics] The Statistical Memory of Brazil

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jan 15 16:14:31 UTC 2013

Hi Javier,

That's very kind though I should say that PyBossa itself has now
evolved to the point that it is in a good position to handle this :-)
You can see for example this PDF transcription application running
live on CrowdCrafting / Pybossa:

http://crowdcrafting.org/app/pdftranscribe

Source code: https://github.com/PyBossa/pdftranscribe

Rufus

On 15 January 2013 12:23, Javier Ruiz <javier at openrightsgroup.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> some time ago there was a discussion about the crowdsourcing of the
> transcription involving combining Pybossa and a platform developed for
> family history projects, in turn based on tools that GalaxyZoo had created
> for their Oldweather project. At the time the platform was not ready but it
> is now much more developed and could be used for the second stage of the
> Brazil project.
>
> Eustaquio and others interested, please send me a line for an intro
>
> Javier
>

> --
> Javier Ruiz
> javier at openrightsgroup.org
> +44(0)7877 911 412
> @javierruiz
> www.OpenRightsGroup.org
> Winners of Liberty's Human Rights Campaigner of the Year Award 2012
>
> On Monday, 14 January 2013 at 15:20, Velichka Dimitrova wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> You can read a blog post about the Statistical Memory of Brazil project at
> the Open Economics Blog:
> http://openeconomics.net/2013/01/14/the-statistical-memory-of-brazil/
>
> This piece is a contribution by Eustáquio Reis, Senior Research Economist at
> the Institute of Applied Economic Research (Ipea) in Brazil and member of
> the Advisory Panel of the Open Economics Working Group.
>
> This project's goal is to digitalise and make available the collection of
> the Library of the Ministry of Finance in Brazil, putting in digital form
> some rare collections of statistical reports and yearbooks. The future plans
> of the project include open source collaborative / crowd-sourcing platforms
> which would make this data available in open formats. See more.
>
> --
> Velichka Dimitrova
> Open Economics Project Coordinator
> Open Knowledge Foundation