[open-economics] Global Economic Map on Wikipedia

Alfredas Chmieliauskas alfredas at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 17:16:37 UTC 2013

This is pretty cool. You should consider making this data query'able. We
did something similar with energy data (see enipedia.org), where we
leverage off existing wikipedia data (+ number of other data sources) - but
allow user to query the data by using SPARQL. That way we can create
charts, tables, summaries, aggregates, check for consistency (GDP = GDP per
capita * population) and so on.
One of the more interesting examples of data aggregation we created is
global gas trade network (see
http://enipedia.tudelft.nl/wiki/GasOverview/GasFlowsNetwork), which is an
output of a simple query.

Alfredas