[open-economics] About Argentina and Openeconomics

alejandro baranek alejandrobaranek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:54:23 UTC 2015

Hello All!

I'm Alejandro, form Argentina. I´m not an economist, but a computer
scientist with a wide experience in economic analytics.
I don't know if you are aware, but in Argentina the official statistics are
manipulated, specially the CPI an derivated (Poverty index measured by
incomes, real wages, real rate of change) but every official statistics is
under suspect. In Jan-29 we had the 8th year conmemoration.
Many people are putting a lot of effort for the manipulation to stop, but
it didn't worked yet. It's a pretty big problem for us.

I wrote a piece for openeconomics blog but they asked me to shorten the
text and make some corrections. Maybe someone/s want to help me to correct
the text (my english skills are not enoughfor what I want to say, I think)
or simply get a read for understanding what is happening here from a first
hand source (I was a computer programmer when the political interference
started, got fired, etc.). I think we need an openeconomics approach
because, there are a lot of alternative estimations of each macroeconomics
variable of interest and is very hard to get consensus with all the
interested views of the economy. I think is a good place for develop the
concepts of OE.

I'm actually working in an R package for deploying compbound economics
indicator, based on on line sources, for the dates you need. So you have a
recipe, the source Indicators and can reproduce every (simple enough)
compbound indicators, with the exact sources you are using. Everything can
be analyzed and changed. I will write to the group again when a first
version is able to be used.

Best regards, Alejandro.

--
 alejandro baranek