[open-economics] Call-back to action

Gustavo Silva gustavosantaremsilva at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 22:34:03 UTC 2015

Hi Vlaeminck!

I'm sorry for my delay in my response. Today was a (very) busy day for me.
Please check my responses in-line.

>  Hi Gustavo,
>

> first of all: welcome on board! Nice to have a new coordinator for the
> working group. You are absolutely right: The group was more or less
> inactive since spring 2013 - if I remember correctly. However, I’m still
> interested in participating in the WG and already registered for the forum.

​Thank you! We can discuss all of our projects over there! Also, really
happy to know you're still interested in this WG. Really looking forward to
find new people and maybe get back some of the previous people that have
contributed to the group. ​

> To give you some information about myself: I’m working at a research
> library in Hamburg/Germany and I’m currently dealing with all topics
> dedicated to research data in economic sciences. For instance, I’m the
> project manager of EDaWaX (“European Data Watch Extended”) – a externally
> funded research project (www.edawax.de/about), but I also participate in
> DataCite / da-ra (www.da-ra.de/en) and some other projects (including a
> project which aims to implement a research data repository for social
> sciences’ research data). Therefore –surprise- my focus is on developing
> digital infrastructure components for research data and scholarly (open
> access) publishing, mainly.

​Interesting background! You're definitely experienced in this area which
is a great addition to us! Shame on me - I never introduced myself. Well,
this is probably the best time to do so.
I am currently finishing my master's degree in Industrial and Firms
Economics and I hold a bachelor degree in Bank and Insurance Management. I
am currently unemployed because things haven't been easy in Portugal. I am
also leading another open-source project in the Linux's communities. In my
spare time, I run a blog to talk about my experiences leading these
nonprofit/open-source projects. For now, and they are already enough, my
attention is focused in OE WG and Wiki & Documentation and only those two
will be exposed in my blog.

Really looking forward to work with you and more people that will join us
soon!
Please visit our forum and say your thoughts in regard to some ideas I
posted there and, please, feel free to post any project idea you may have
think of.

Thank you!