[open-economics] Project management tool

Alexander Praetorius citizen at serapath.de
Tue Feb 16 09:08:19 UTC 2016

http://waffle.io (integrates with github and is awesome)
You already seem to use http://gitter.im (which is nice)

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 11:44 PM, Gustavo Silva <
gustavosantaremsilva at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In the past days, I have been thinking about adopting one project
> management tool for the group. The idea is to have a platform where we can
> discuss each project in an organized way. The official forum's is
> supposedly there to be used for that purpose, but I do not have any control
> of our group/section. I'm very organized and I bet the forum will look like
> a mess in the future.
>
> Anyway: Initially, I was keen on using Slack. But the freemium plans are
> not that good. The OKFN's groups are also looking for similar software to
> use in the entire organization and their suggestions do not suffice: Some
> open source alternatives require a machine to be active 24/7 and I cannot
> afford it, nor do I have a spare machine for this. And here is where Trello
> comes in. I have used Trello (https://trello.com/) in the past and it
> seems to be the best option within open source projects.
> It is graphical, organizable, and should be focused on the discussion of
> the projects. It is a nice chance for everybody to be easily update about
> each project, to-do lists etc. Yes, I know we have been using GitHub for
> that purpose. However, some non-coding projects will require discussion.
> Since the storage for free accounts in GitHub is relatively limited, it
> feels pointless to waste space on writing projects (say, handle the blog,
> social media, etc.).
>
> So, my question to you all is:
> - What are your thoughts about Trello?
> - Do you think we could use Trello?
> - Do you know any other similar software (similar like Slack and Trello)
> that is worth pointing out?
>

> Thank you very much for your time!
>
> PS: In some time soon, I will release a 1-year plan for the work group.
> That will happen on the forums (https://discuss.okfn.org), under the Open
> Economics section. Please drop by, give me your feedback and feel free to
> suggest any edit - the official writing will be done via Google Docs, so
> everyone can participate. Either way, I will send something to the mailing
> list as a notice.
>

> Best Regards / Obrigado e com os melhores cumprimentos,
> Gustavo Silva

*DISCLAIMER:*

*Everything I have written above is my personal experience/opinion on
things, no matter what kinds of words i did use(e.g. "always", "never",
"impossible", "waste of time", ....).*

*Such extreme words only do indicate, that my experience/opinion on
something is very strong and i currently cannot imagine that there are
other possibilities until new arguments/insights/whatever open my eyes that
there are alternative perspectives too :-)Please do not feel discouraged to
challenge my opinion if you have a different one.*

*Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen*
Alexander Praetorius
*[mail] *citizen at serapath.de <alexander.praetorius at serapath.de>
*[twitter] *http://twitter.com/serapath
*[github] *http://github.com/serapath