[open-economics] the problems of sharing economic research data

Danny Lämmerhirt danny.lammerhirt at okfn.org
Mon Mar 21 13:56:03 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I'm a researcher with Open Knowledge International writing a briefing paper
for Pasteur4OA <http://www.pasteur4oa.eu/>. I read a very interesting
article by Velichka Dimitrova about open economics
<http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2013/10/23/open-data-in-economics-the-basis-of-reproducible-research/>
and data sharing practices in this field.

I was wondering if anyone of you knows about links to literature on this
topic he/she could share. Maybe you know of papers describing data sharing
practices in economics, the (absence of) discipline specific data sharing
norms, data archiving and curation issues, s.o.

Papers on current institutional policies or funding would also be very
helpful. I was already checking publications by RIN and others but I
besides statements that economics "generally is a discipline where
researchers are keen to share data" (which I doubt) I couldn't find
anything specific.

I would be very thankful for any tip! This would also help to make a
stronger case for data sharing policies that are aligned with the needs and
practices of economics.

Kindest regards

--
Danny Lämmerhirt