[Open-education] Welcome to Team Open!

Cable Green cable at creativecommons.org
Wed Dec 11 20:55:46 UTC 2013

Greetings Open Education Colleagues:

Creative Commons has started its annual fund raising drive.

Will you please share this message (see below) through your networks?

Sample micro-posts:

   - Consider making a gift to support @creativecommons in 2014! http://
   bit.ly/IBAdtl #teamopen
   - How have you used CC licenses in the past year? Make a donation to
   carry @creativecommons into 2014. http://bit.ly/IBAdtl
#teamopen<http://t.co/3QXcsA5GgF>

Thank you for your help!

Cable

[image: Team Open]<https://donate.creativecommons.org/?utm_campaign=2013fund&utm_source=email1a&utm_medium=html>

*Are you on #teamopen? Support Creative Commons.
<https://donate.creativecommons.org/?utm_campaign=2013fund&utm_source=email1a&utm_medium=html>*

Dear Open Colleagues,

There are over half a billion pieces of Creative Commons–licensed content
in the world. That’s an impressive number, but it only hints at how
powerful and widespread CC licenses have become.

The real impact is in the stories of how people like you use CC licenses.
When you use a CC-licensed textbook in a course or share your latest
research article under CC, you’re a part of the story of CC’s impact in the
world. We’re proud to share in this amazing journey with you.

Today, we’re excited to launch Team
Open<http://teamopen.cc/?utm_campaign=2013fund&utm_source=email1a&utm_medium=html>,
a new initiative of our staff and community. We’ve been spending the past
few months talking to the CC community, looking for its favorite stories of
how CC licenses benefit real people. You’ll meet a young scientist fighting
cancer with free research, an entrepreneur who’s putting the *public* back
in *public domain*, and a quirky musician who’s built his career on giving
music away. We hope these stories inspire you, and we hope you feel
inspired to share them with your friends and colleagues.

CC is more than a license to share; it’s a license for all of us to create
a better world. Please join Team Open by making a donation
today<https://donate.creativecommons.org/?utm_campaign=2013fund&utm_source=email1a&utm_medium=html>
.

Cable Green
Director of Global Learning