[Open-education] Best way to translate Open Education Handbook

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Mon Dec 16 11:18:39 UTC 2013

This is great news Raniere!!

Note that a version of the handbook has been delivered for the LinkedUp
Project and is now available from the Website as a PDF
<http://linkedup-project.eu/files/2013/09/LinkedUp-D4.6.1-OpenEducationHandbook.pdf>.
This is a static version of the handbook created in October 2013.

The version on Booktype is a work in progress, but it would still be
great if you could translate it! We'd really like to support you if we
can.  I'll enquire on some of the Open Knowledge Foundation lists if
this has been done before and will see if I can find out any tips. I'll
also find out more about our Portugese contacts.

Also if you'd like to write something about your plans for the blog then
just send it over.

Thanks!

Marieke

  On 16/12/2013 10:47, Raniere Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I and some friends want to translate the Open Education Handbook [1] for
> portuguese in the Education Freedom Day [2, 3].
>
> Anyone have some tips of the best way to translate a book in Booktype?
>
> Thanks,
> Raniere
>
> [1] http://booktype.okfn.org/open-education-handbook/_info/
> [2] http://www.educationfreedomday.org/