[Open-education] Is there still an OER movement?

Rebecca Kahn bekka.kahn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 12:26:12 UTC 2014

On 22 August 2014 12:25, Marieke Guy <marieke.guy at okfn.org> wrote:

>  > It feels that there's is a big disconnection between innovative /
> trendy areas of open education and the coal-face work of outreach and
> implementation. I guess that's the conclusion of the article above. I'd be
> interested to know more about projects working to address this.

I think sometimes, the real drive has to come not from the teachers, but
from the people who set the policy and care about teachers.
The Smartcopying project in Australia (http://www.smartcopying.edu.au/) has
been developed by the National Copyright Unit, which is embedded in the
Department of Education and has a federal mandate.  They work with teachers
and school librarians to teach them about copyright and open access.