[Open-education] Open Education Working Group: From interested, to invested to impactful

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Tue Dec 9 16:34:36 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

Just flagging a great post on open communities: From interested, to
invested to impactful – what’s needed to sustain a movement?
<http://socialinsilico.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/from-interested-to-invested-to-impactful-whats-needed-to-sustain-a-movement/>

Lou Woodley talks about the idea of community moving from interested
(advocacy/awareness raising) to interested (community) to impactful
(infrastructure/extended reach/specific goals).

In the new year (we plan to have a Working Group call
<http://education.okfn.org/working-group-calls/> in January) it would be
great to think more about these ideas as a group and maybe talk about
what we can do in 2015.

We're really keen to think about how we can take the group forward and
move it to the 'impactful stage' and make it more self-sustaining.

Any ideas would be much appreciated - just email them in!

Marieke

--

Marieke Guy
LinkedUp <http://linkedup-project.eu/> Project Community Coordinator |