[Open-education] Open Education Handbook available on Wikibooks

Mick FM mick at flossmanuals.net
Wed Dec 17 11:58:49 UTC 2014

On 17/12/14 10:09, Barker, Phil A wrote:

> I think the real problem is that there is no easy way to clone, fetch,
> pull between different OER platforms.

I think there are two debates here, both equally valid. One is the
technical issues of forking such a manuals with the associated
formatting, images etc. The other is the more community based debate on
when is it a good idea to fork a project, artistic differences,
different audiences / use cases etc, and when it is a bad idea to fork
in that you have a similar community but different versions of a
resource so potential contributors don't know where they should update.

nice one
Mick

Mick Chesterman - mick at flossmanuals.net
mickfuzz [skype]