[Open-education] Changing the Ways We Assess Online Learning - Part 2

Rebecca Kahn bekka at p2pu.org
Thu Feb 13 10:55:02 UTC 2014

Dear friends

Last week <http://info.p2pu.org/2014/02/03/assessment-on-the-web-part-1/>,
we introduced our series of P2PU reports looking at new ways of assessing
learning on the Web. We've had a great response to the report, and this
week, we're delighted to share Part 2
<http://reports.p2pu.org/reports/assessment_on_the_web/part_2/index.html>of
the series with you all.

This week, P2PU takes a closer look at priorities for assessment (spoiler
alert: there are actually models for how to do this well) and we
investigate communities like Scratch and Instructables who have figured out
interesting ways of assessing achievements. The report also highlights some
open questions which we hope will keep the conversation flowing...

*This report is the second in a three-part series of conversations about
assessment online, which we hope will engage our partners and
collaborators, stimulate conversations and move the discussion forward -
we'd love to hear what you think.*