[Open-education] ZDNet: Coursera regrets: Students from Cuba, Iran, Sudan banned due to U.S. law

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Thu Jan 30 15:43:40 UTC 2014

Andre - Just to clarify, yes 'non-profit' and 'not-for-profit' are the
same. But Coursera is *not* 'non-profit' i.e. it makes profit.

Pat - interesting point about the live-session mechanisms banned by
certain countries. Do you have any useful links exploring this in
relation to MOOCs?

Marieke

<%3Fhttps://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork%3F> | Blog
<%3Fhttp://blog.okfn.org%3F> | Newsletter