[Open-education] ZDNet: Coursera regrets: Students from Cuba, Iran, Sudan banned due to U.S. law

Pat Lockley patrick.lockley at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 30 15:57:50 UTC 2014

Nothing MOOC specific, just from our experience of distance learning and
MOOC running. I guess I am slightly more concerned about the truthfulness
of being open than some other MOOC people and so wouldn't want to knowingly
offer a service which some people couldn't access.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_of_YouTube

So then we tried ustream, which was barred in a lot of the Middle East
(used a lot during protests).

We ended up with livestream.com which is pretty good at what it does.