[Open-education] Putting OER on the map

Pat Lockley patrick.lockley at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 18 11:22:24 UTC 2014

*apologies for cross posting*

Hello all,

Many people starting out in OER aren't aware of projects or people nearby
who could help. What if there was an OER Map? Well there is! The
Serendipity Map of OER and OEP initiatives was created in 2012 Universidad
Técnica Particular de Loja (UTPL) en Ecuador in collaboration with the OCW
Institutions. This project aims to improve the searchability and
discoverability of open educational content
http://serendipity.utpl.edu.ec/map/

If you want to add an OER project or initiative please complete this form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nUVOCvxxJvF6thq05HoGboNzVwe4tGz_pqQuI4nki80/viewform

It'd be great to help grow the OER community this way. I'll be going though
the solvonauts content trying to work out some geotagging but I am sure
people know where they are better than my guess work.

Thanks all

Pat