[Open-education] Import Lesson

Mick - FM mick at flossmanuals.net
Fri Jul 4 14:37:06 UTC 2014

On 04/07/14 13:45, Raniere Silva wrote:
> Yes, I agree that version control would create a barrier for most educators. I
> hope that build something on top of it will reduce this barrier, think of
> Wikipedia.
also it's worth having a look at the tool we use for FLOSS manuals as
well called Booktype as that has version control of a kind under the hood.

There's a demo here - http://booktype-demo.sourcefabric.org/ - only
imports epub2 at the mo.

They are working on version 2.0 now if there are things that you would
like it to do which it doesn't currently,
http://forum.sourcefabric.org/categories/booktype-development

In any case I'll be really interested to hear about your progress. I
like where you are going with this work.

I'm also interested to hear from others on this subject.
Would you say the barriers to remixing due to formats and licence or
mainly social barriers?

nice one
Mick

Mick Chesterman - mick at flossmanuals.net