[Open-education] Import Lesson

Lorna M Campbell lorna.m.campbell at icloud.com
Fri Jul 4 16:26:11 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I've been following this discussion with interest as it's a important topic that comes up periodically on open education lists.  There was a lengthy discussion about the use of tools such as Git on the oer-discuss Jiscmail list in 2012 that might be worth revisiting https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A1=ind1207&L=OER-DISCUSS#19, as some of the same issues have been raised here today.  Incidentally that particualr discussion was sparked by a typically thought provoking blog post by Amber Thomas http://fragmentsofamber.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-git-and-the-pendulum/  Amber's blog post might be two years old but it's still worth a read.

Cheers
Lorna

-- Lorna M Campbell --
Assistant Director, Cetis