[Open-education] Friday Chat: Re: Import Lesson

Mick Clearerchannel mickfuzz23 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 09:53:51 UTC 2014

On 05/07/14 00:05, Raniere Silva wrote:
> suit his/her needs. E.g. for a K-8 teacher a WYSIWYG editor is better
> but for a math high education teacher LaTeX can be preferable and for
> a engineering high education teacher IPython Notebook.

Oh yes the MathML issue -
Is that addressed by using the Aloha editor? This post seems to indicate
so.

http://aloha-editor.org/blog/2012/08/wysiwhat-aloha-editor-selected-as-oerpub-sourcefabric-booktype-editor/

> This is another reason that I want avoid that users deals with EPUB or
> any other zip format. From my personal experience, if you give to
> "Alice" an EPUB and to "Bob" the content of it as a directory/folder
> and ask they to re-use one image in another document, "Alice" probably
> will use a screenshot because the EPUB editor don't allow to export
> the image (and "Alice" don't know that she can unzip the EPUB and pick
> the image) and "Bob" probably will browser the directories/folders to
> see what file he can find.

Quick question on this.  How would you get the directories and files to
Bob to browse if it isn't in a zipped format.

nice one
Mick