[Open-education] OU 2014 Innovating Pedagogy Report

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Fri Nov 28 09:07:47 UTC 2014

The Open University have just released their 2014 Innovating Pedagogy
Report:
http://www.openuniversity.edu/news/news/2014-innovating-pedagogy-report

This year they are covering:

  * Massive open social learning
  * Learning design informed by analytics
  * Flipped classrooms
  * Bring your own devices
  * Learning to learn
  * Dynamic assessment
  * Event-based learning
  * Learning through storytelling
  * Threshold concepts
  * Bricolage

So lots to get your teeth into!

Bricolage was a new one on me. It refers to 'creative tinkering with
resources' or on a more abstract level 'engaging in innovation by
creative exploration of the practices and technologies needed to achieve
an educational goal. It reminds me of some ideas behind maker culture
but is really about 'trying stuff out'. Some interesting concepts in there!

Marieke

--

Marieke Guy
Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 |