[Open-education] LRMI Implementation Case Studies

Lorna M Campbell lorna.m.campbell at icloud.com
Thu Oct 9 16:01:54 UTC 2014

Dear all,

(Apologies for cross posting)

During Phase 2 of the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI), the Gates and Hewlett Foundations funded ten OER platforms and registries to work with Creative Commons to implement LRMI metadata.  As part of Cetis' work with  Creative Commons on LRMI,  Phil Barker and I have been developing a series of case studies on the ten LRMI implementation projects undertaken by Curriki, Gooru, Jorum, MERLOT, OER Commons, Open Tapestry, OpenStax CNX, P2PU, PhET Interactive Simulations, and Untrikiwiki.  These case studies, which aim to share implementation experience with other developers, are now available on my blog here http://lornamcampbell.wordpress.com/tag/lrmi-implementation/ We'd welcome any feedback or comments.

Phil and I are now synthesising the findings of these case studies and are in the process of drafting an overview of the different technical approaches the projects have taken to implementing LRMI.  We hope to have the synthesis completed shortly and will share it with the group here.

Best wishes
Lorna

-- Lorna M Campbell --
Assistant Director, Cetis