[Open-education] Open Content Toolkit wiki

theo kuechel theo.kuechel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:39:53 UTC 2014

Dear all

I am delighted to be able to share with you, a project I have been working
on for some months now. The Open Content Toolkit
http://opencontenttoolkit.wikispaces.com/

Specifically aimed at the schools sector the toolkit is a gateway to both
contemporary and historical open digital media content from media archives
and collections around the world.  It includes links to resources,
exemplars of how open digital content might be used in schools and links to
resources for in depth study.

It has been set up as a collaborative space to explore, discuss and share
examples of the use of open media at all school stages and at all levels of
education. It is intended to be a truly cross curricular resource. The
toolkit is *free and open to al*l with an interest in open resources, media
archives, education and the digital humanities.

Of course it is very far from complete, there are lots of loose ends to tie
up, and improvements to be made  - in fact, being in a wiki format it is
dependent on folk joining, contributing and sharing. Join the community here
<http://opencontenttoolkit.wikispaces.com/>  clicking the join button and
using the invite code *3TPPM97 (*valid  till 27th October).

I would be very grateful for any feedback from list members to help improve
and move it forward to the next level.

Many thanks
Theo

--