[Open-education] Open Content Toolkit wiki

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Thu Oct 23 19:50:27 UTC 2014

Hi Theo,

This looks great. I've joined up but I'm off on holiday tomorrow so plan
to take a look when I get back.

I'm really keen to see how we can get more teachers and the schools
sector using open resources - making the connection seems to me to be
the possible tipping point for open education.

Marieke

  On 23/10/2014 13:39, theo kuechel wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am delighted to be able to share with you, a project I have been
> working on for some months now. The Open Content Toolkit
> http://opencontenttoolkit.wikispaces.com/
>
> Specifically aimed at the schools sector the toolkit is a gateway to
> both contemporary and historical open digital media content from media
> archives and collections around the world.  It includes links to
> resources, exemplars of how open digital content might be used in
> schools and links to resources for in depth study.
>
> It has been set up as a collaborative space to explore, discuss and
> share examples of the use of open media at all school stages and at
> all levels of education. It is intended to be a truly cross curricular
> resource. The toolkit is *free and open to al*l with an interest in
> open resources, media archives, education and the digital humanities.
>
> Of course it is very far from complete, there are lots of loose ends
> to tie up, and improvements to be made  - in fact, being in a wiki
> format it is dependent on folk joining, contributing and sharing. Join
> the community here <http://opencontenttoolkit.wikispaces.com/>
> clicking the join button and using the invite code *3TPPM97 (*valid
>  till 27th October).
>
> I would be very grateful for any feedback from list members to help
> improve and move it forward to the next level.
>
> Many thanks
> Theo
>
> --
> Theo Kuechel
> Senior MirandaNet Fellow, Naace Fellow
> Consultant and researcher, digital literacies, visual learning open
> content.
> theo.kuechel at gmail.com <mailto:theo.kuechel at gmail.com>

Marieke Guy
LinkedUp <http://linkedup-project.eu/> Project Community Coordinator |