[Open-education] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge confirms Pavel Richter as new CEO

John Cummings John.Cummings at wikimedia.org.uk
Wed Apr 29 16:18:01 UTC 2015

Super, really excited to see how this affects CKAN and Wikidata.

On 29 April 2015 at 17:14, Marieke Guy <marieke.guy at okfn.org> wrote:

>  Great news that I just had to share! ;-)
>
> -------- Original Message --------  Subject: [okfn-discuss] Open
> Knowledge confirms Pavel Richter as new CEO  Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015
> 16:58:39 +0100  From: Naomi Lillie <naomi.lillie at okfn.org>
> <naomi.lillie at okfn.org>  Reply-To: Open Knowledge Foundation discussion
> list <okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org> <okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org>  To: Open
> Knowledge Foundation discussion list <okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org>
> <okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org>
>
>  Dear all,
>
>  Today we are delighted to announce that the search is complete: we have
> found our new CEO, and he is Pavel Richter!
>
>  Please give Pavel a warm welcome as we look ahead to an exciting time
> together.
>
>  Many thanks to Daniel Dietrich and the rest of the search team for their
> efforts over the past months - we're thrilled with the result.
>
>  For more information please see the newly-published blog post
> <http://blog.okfn.org/2015/04/29/open-knowledge-appoints-pavel-richter-as-new-ceo/>,
> and do retweet <https://twitter.com/OKFN/status/593436857548996608> / share
> / like
> <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork/photos/a.103472816415522.7195.102029659893171/781664621929668/?type=1&theater>Â /
> post on your notice-board (most innovative way of spreading the news gets a
> special mention on any follow-up announcements); also, for more about Pavel
> Richter, start with finding out #whatpavelcooks
> <https://twitter.com/hashtag/whatpavelcooks>Â on Twitter and see what
> else you discover!
>
>  Regards,
> Naomi
>

>  --
>
> Naomi Lillie
>
>  skype: n.lillie  |  @naomilillie <https://twitter.com/NaomiLillie>
>
>  Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> Â Â Â - Â Â Â See how data can change
> the world
>
> http://okfn.org/ Â | Â @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> Â | Â Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> Â | Â Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>
>

>  Open Knowledge Community Stories |Â http://okfncommunity.tumblr.com/ |
> see how people are changing the world
>

> Open Knowledge is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is incorporated in
> England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with company number
> 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered office address:
> Open Knowledge, St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4
> 0WS, UK.

*John Cummings - **Wikimedia UK volunteer*
tweet @mrjohnc

Wikimedia UK is a Charitable Company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office: 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The
Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk