[Open-education] open educational resources and economic development

Centar za lokalni inicijativi Bitola clibitola at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 07:44:11 UTC 2015

Dear all

I am Elena Stojanovska <https://mk.linkedin.com/in/elenastojanovska> from
R. Macedonia, Vice President of the NGO Center for Local Initiatives (CLI)
<http://clibt.blogspot.com/> and coordinator for project development and
writing. I have recently joined the OEWG, happy to have the chance to be
part of this community and I am keen to take more active role.

I have worked 5 years in the non profit sector on support and development
of entrepreneurship in Business Incubator Bitola. Also I've been part of
the first MOOC created in Macedonia
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL0JI8OUspNBLCXVYwVnKV_SndXVUsqsA>
on this topic which soon will be posted on Coursera platform as support
material of the course: Beyond Silicon Valley: Growing Entrepreneurship in
Transitioning Economies.
<https://www.coursera.org/learn/entrepreneurship-development>

Currently in CLI starting from the beginning of this year we work on
promotion of OER, more about this in my blog post on OEWG.
<http://education.okfn.org/open-education-macedonia/> So we are open for
collaboration for any ideas you might have for joint projects. In this
regard one topic that I would like kindly to ask you if you want to share
your thoughts: *how the usage of OER is contributing to economic and
business development in one country?* For example in the case of Macedonia,
we have high unemployment rate and not so much developed entrepreneurial
spirit among young population. Considering my background in
entrepreneurship, I think that the usage of OER will increase the access to
quality education to many students, which I hope it will eventually lead in
future to further entrepreneurship and economic development of the
country.

Looking forward to future cooperation.
Thank you,
Kind regards
*Elena Stojanovska*

*Vice President and Coordinator for project development and writing Center
for Local Initiatives Bitola, R. Macedoniaskype:
elenastojanovskabtmail: clibitola at gmail.com <clibitola at gmail.com>fb fan
page: https://www.facebook.com/clibitola
<https://www.facebook.com/clibitola>web: http://clibt.blogspot.com
<http://clibt.blogspot.com/>*