[Open-education] About Open Textbook Sprints/Hackathons

Matt McGregor matt at creativecommons.org.nz
Tue Aug 18 02:51:51 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The Media Text Hack crew from New Zealand has handily produced a
'hackpack'. As Clint noted, this includes a useful 'cookbook' for OER
booksprints, outlining some of the projects successes and failures, as well
as some other resources they produced after the event:
https://blogs.otago.ac.nz/texthack/hackpack/

Incidentally, we (CCANZ) also in the very early stages of planning some
resource sprints for high school teachers, scheduled for April next year.
The intended outputs won't be a book, so much as a series of discrete
resources, though we'll probably face many of the same challenges.

In preparation, I've put together a task-list of sorts. Not sure if this is
useful, Werner, though feel free to copy, critique and share (though note
that we haven't officially announced the project yet):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M9WOV-IHIIziMfVagWg_dklaHYslZN4KAf57_DOgixg/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers,
Matt

On 18 August 2015 at 08:30, Phil Barker <phil.barker at hw.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 17/08/15 16:35, Werner Westermann wrote:
>
>> Any thoughts or references around a methodology/strategy for a Open
>> Textbook sprint/hackathon?
>>

> The outcome wasn't a textbook, here's a write up of a book sprint about OER
> http://publications.cetis.org.uk/2013/764
>
> Phil

Matt McGregor
Public Lead
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand
027 337 8668
creativecommons.org.nz * groups.creativecommons.org.nz * nzcommons.org.nz

*Note: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is not a law firm and does not
provide legal advice*
<http://groups.creativecommons.org.nz>