[Open-education] [OER-advocacy] Open Textbook Cover Design as Donation

Sarah Cohen sfcohen at umn.edu
Thu Dec 31 21:38:42 UTC 2015

Thanks, Cable.  The Open Textbook Library will certainly reach out to
Veethika in 2016.  What a generous offer!

Happy new year!

Sarah

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Cable Green <cable at creativecommons.org>
wrote:

> Greetings Open Education Friends:
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Introducing you here to Veethika Mishra.
>
> Veethika contacted me asking if she can donate her time and expertise
> designing covers for open textbooks. What a kind offer to kick off 2016 ;)
>
> She writes:
>
>    - I am a visual/play experience designer based out of India. I take
>    pleasure in doing quirky illustrations for games. Some of my works are up
>    on the following link: www.behance.net/veethika / @veethikaa
>    <https://twitter.com/veethikaa>
>    - As a kid, I myself have always judged my textbooks by their covers.
>    I want the readers of open textbooks to have the same pleasure. In my
>    present setup, I could afford to spare sometime to design about 3-5 covers,
>    so I thought it would be best to contact the book providers through CC
>    itself.
>
> Please contact Veethika if you need a design for your open textbook:
> veethika2209 at gmail.com
>
> Thank you,
>
> Cable
>
> --
>

> Cable Green, PhD
> Director of Global Learning
> Creative Commons
> @cgreen <http://twitter.com/cgreen>
> *retain, reuse, revise, remix, redistribute*
>

> *2015 State of the Commons Report
> <https://stateof.creativecommons.org/2015/>Get Creative Commons Updates
> http://bit.ly/commonsnews <http://bit.ly/commonsnews>*

> .

Sarah Faye Cohen
Managing Director, Open Textbook Network
Center for Open Education
University of Minnesota
http://open.umn.edu
sfcohen at umn.edu ~ @thesheck ~ 802-922-2353